Saturday, February 27, 2010

Me Emotional??

I am hopeless. Truly. It takes nothing for me to burst into tears or at least tear up at something - a news article, an advertisement, my boys doing something sweet, it really doesn't take much.

Crash started school a few weeks ago. He loves it and was instantly at home in the classroom. The whole drop off on the first day took us about 15 minutes. Too easy. Too fast. I held it together until the walk back to the car when I lost it completely.

Mr Chic tells me that a kid in Crash's class had been held down and punched in the toilets at the school by 2 other kindy kids. I was in tears. And I wanted revenge. Crash is now best friends with this little boy and the friendship they have is so cute and special. They greet each other all the time with a big bear hug. It melts me. Thankfully I don't see it as Mr Chic does the school run or I'd be crying daily.

Crash got a little package from his teacher with a little note. It was very cute. I read the note and lost it. The note came with a pile of little things, a tissue, stickers, Hershey kiss, lifesavers etc all in a little snap-lock bag. This is what the note said. I attempted to read it out loud but had to pass the note to Mr Chic. He just looked at me like I was a lunatic.

Welcome to KP

The items in this bag have special meaning:

The cotton ball is to remind you that our room is full of kind words and warm feelings.
The chocolate kiss is to comfort you if you feel sad.
The stickers are to remind you we all stick together and help each other.
The stars are to remind you to shine and always try your best.
The money means you are valuable and special.
The tissue is to help you dry someone's tears.
The rubber is to remind you that everyone makes mistakes and that it is okay!
The lifesavers are to remind you that you can always come to me if you need to talk.

His teacher is a sweetheart. Me? I'm just way too emotional.

1 comment:

  1. awww that is such a lovely thing for the teacher to do. I'd probably cry over that one too.
    They seem so little and vulnerable at such a big school.

    ReplyDelete