Monday, May 25, 2009

A Talented Me


Dinner Saturday night was brilliant - great food, good company, lots of laughs and a rare event that we actually left the house on our own without children. It was still early after we finished dinner so we decided to head to the local RSL for a couple of drinks. It started pouring (more like bucketing) so we were running along the road so as not to get too wet. It didn't really matter as I was soaked before long. I should add I was looking pretty darn good in my jeans and jacket and Nicola Finnetti boots. After the rain the look was more drowned rat than sex goddess. Anyhoo.


After a couple of drinks at the RSL we thought we'd leave via the back way which was down a flight of stairs and walk through the carpark to get back to our car which was parked a few streets away. All sounding good up until the point where my ankle gave way and I fell down the stairs. I grabbed the bannister as I spun around backwards but still ended up sprawled ever-so-glamorously on the stairs. After I made sure I hadn't ruined my boots (they are fine, thank god), I stood up (and couldn't stop giggling) to find our neighbour standing with us (he works nights at the RSL) - great, more people to witness my embaressment. I hobbled back to the car, giggling the whole way too but the pain in my ankle started to get worse and worse.


Sunday was spent with my foot up and being iced on and off all day, lots of bruising but I'm fairly positive it's just a sprain. Wonderful Hubby ran around and got me some crutches and played nurse and taxi and dealt with the kids. He was brilliant.


Flat shoes for me for a while!!!

3 comments:

  1. what can I say...I covet thy shoe-boots...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the ankle, but at least The Boots are OK. That could have been really sad...
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fallen down on those EXACT stairs at the Arey cutting through the carpark to a nearby street...must be a Hornsby Arey thing!

    I'm so pleased that your gorgeous shoes survived the fall!

    ReplyDelete