Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Twitterest Loser



So there are a small group of us Twitterettes who are commencing a healthy-eating Tweek Up before the big MamaMeetUp. This is more something out of necessity for myself physically and mentally. I used to frequent the gym before I changed jobs 18 months or so ago. Then my boys started to forget who I was and my eldest, Crash, started to get shy around me. This broke my heart and my long hours with my job combined with the gym had to stop. Now my relationship with my kids is great and my new job also great, but my health is suffering. It's a sad old circle really, I don't exercise, I feel depressed, I then eat chocolate and down and down the spiral we go. So now I'm back to where I was immediately after the arrival of Rowdy (child number 2). All that hard work at the gym is wasted, all that lost weight is now found. We start all over again. *sigh* But that is how it goes with me, up and down, like a yo-yo. Why I used to clear out the wardrobe when I change size I'll never understand - much easier just to have a lot of things in different sizes, however, really, storage is an issue and shopping is fun.




Here's the plan:


Step 1: Cut back on alcohol. *looking disparingly at sky* oooooookay


Step 2: Drink more water - yes, noted, this is a must do


Step 3: Cut back on snacks. Cut them out and I'll go nuts, so lets cut them back and make healthier choices shall we.


Step 4: Watch portion sizes of meals - well I've started doing this. It's all about smarter choices really.


Step 5: Exercise - Mr Tread Mill arrives on Saturday. Not entirely sure of the eventual home for him but I think it will be in the loungeroom and as far away from Crash's room as possible - noise keeps him awake at night and he certainly lets us know if we're making too much noise. Crash gets called "The Fun Police" on occasion, but the poor boy is just trying to get to sleep.




I'm not going to disclose my current weight or my goal weight - forget it! I'll just put up a gorgeous pic of me when I really do look like Wonderwoman!




Incidently, Crash and Rowdy aren't their real names, but they probably should be. Crash is 4 and a half (and starting school next year) and Rowdy is almost 3.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you...I'd just got my body back when I fell pregnant with Sophia (rather unexpectedly). But I'm really feeling good eating well - I'm thinking of it more as making healthy choices than dieting. All good so far...good luck, fellow Twitterest Loser!

    ReplyDelete