Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fog Head and Ramblings

Disclaimer: This post is written with a foggy head and is a rambling of the past day. No responsibility is taken for it's structure or lack-of-point.
So my car was serviced yesterday and Mr Chic and the boys came to pick me up from work. They waited around the corner for me in the next street and as I walked up the street to meet them I was looking for Mr Chic's car but couldn't see it for the life of me. I stopped and was about to ring him when I hear "beep beep!" and right in front of me is MY car - how I didn't see it is beyond my levels of comprehension at the moment.

Mr Chic tells me the boys haven't had dinner so while he stopped to get fuel I asked the boys what would they like for dinner. Crash said yoghurt on toast. Ahuh. As I had some rolls leftover from my lunch I suggested eggs on breadrolls and we squish them down. This idea went down well. I made the "egg-burgers" when we got home and Crash said it was "super-yummy". He then requested another bread roll with peanut butter and demolished that also. I swear this kid eats more than me (at times anyway).

On the way home we stopped at the car service place to pick up Mr Chic's car (oh it's so very complicated but he'd driven there in his car, paid for my service, swapped cars so he could see how my car felt after the service and then drove to get me from work). So back to swapping cars. I was fossicking through my handbag to find my car keys and somehow managed to whack my head into the door frame. I ooze talent at times. I'm now slightly disorientated and rubbing my head whilst saying "ow" which the boys thought was hilarious.

I'd previously taken cold tablets so couldn't take anymore panadol for the headache which I then had for the rest of the evening. Delightful really.

During the night I woke up and then couldn't get back to sleep because of the pain in my throat. I reckon I swallowed a running chainsaw at some point. So I flicked on the tv. Mr Chic had abandoned me earlier in the evening as he couldn't sleep also so I knew he'd be on the lounge and I wouldn't be disturbing anyone by watching tv. In my delirious state I was almost convinced that I should get on the phone and ring Danoz Direct and buy the suck-me-in slimming pants that were advertised. Flick. Oh now I'm learning about pilates. Flick. Some religious show. Flick. Country music flim clip. Flick. Static - well that's an improvement. Ok back to slimming pants. Thank goodness that finished and Good Morning America came on. That must have been mind-numbing enough to allow me to drift in and out of sleep again for the rest of the night.

As Mr Chic is also sick I told the boys that they had to be good for Dad and be good helpers today before I took off for work where I can happily sit at my desk and not speak for the entire day all going well.

As I was finishing this post I got an email from Mr Chic. Crash has been putting toys away, he got himself dressed and picked out clothes for Rowdy and changed his nappy and pretty well got him changed as well. Then he helped Mr Chic unpack the dishwasher which involves actually drying stuff with a teatowel before putting things away. Mr Chic said he had no idea he was so good at it. I knew, I let him do it all the time when I'm at home but we've also introduced a "chores chart" - the boys do jobs around the house and they get coins which they can save up and spend on toys or whatever. Crash has declared that he wants to save up to buy Darby. This is Darby. Mr Chic isn't so sure!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to know it's not just me who is yet to master the art of getting in and out of a car without whacking their head.
    Crash sounds like such a sweetie. Also incredibly smart. I didn't realise 4 and a half year olds were capable of changing nappies, or helping younger siblings get dressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to clarify the changing nappy part, Rowdy wears nappy-pants that pull up just like pull-ups and undies so very easy for Crash to change. And yes Crash is a sweetie. Rowdy often declares to Crash "you are my best-friend".

    ReplyDelete