Monday, July 13, 2009

Holidaying

What a wonderful week off work. How lovely to live in jeans for the entire time too.

What did we do? Well Saturday was a quiet day shopping and going to the library. Sunday we met up with some old friends for lunch and as we had Mr Chic's sand-friendly truck we then took the boys to the beach where Crash made his first ever sand-castle.

Monday the boys were in preschool so Mr Chic and I took out the big boat and did a spot of fishing. It was cold but sunny and the weather was calm so we ended up at a spot which never fails to make me vomit. Thankfully Mr Chic was happy to be my deckie and do all my rigs so I could concentrate on catching fish and not vomitting (although I did end up with a hook stuck in my hand at one point). I caught 4 leatherjackets so not a great catch but it fed the boys for 2 nights.

Tuesday the boys were in preschool again so Mr Chic and I headed out to a local restaurant for a fantastic lunch and I had a massive glass of wine before we went to the flicks to see The Hangover. It was hilarious and I highly recommend anyone see it.

Wednesday was the zoo. The boys loved it but I swear they carry a checklist. "Tiger, yep, seen it, check, now what's the next one Mum?" and we saw the entire zoo in the space of a few hours and that included stopping for lunch. Talk about a short attention span. I could have sat and watched the seals swim around for hours and thankfully we did stop there for a whole 2 minutes! A special thank you to Mel for the Hungry Jacks free zoo ticket which we were able to use for Crash!

After the exhaustion caused by the zoo our planned trip to the museum for Thursday was looking doubtful (read: we could not be stuffed). So we asked Crash if he really wanted to go or if he was too tired. He suggested a "play day at home" which sounded like a fabulous idea so Thursday was spent lounging around at home.
Friday was Luna Park. It was a gorgeous sunny day too. We were stunned that Crash wanted to go on the "Wild Mouse" and even more stunned that he wanted to go on it a second time (in fact came close to throwing a tantrum because we wanted to stop for a coffee and he wanted to go on the rollercoaster). Mr Chic wasn't as happy but obliged for the little guy's sake. Rowdy got upset on some of the kids rides - so much so they had to stop the ride so we could go in and take him off. To his credit though he attempted a couple of them a second time later in the day and didn't cry. Mr Chic took Crash down the slide in Coney Island and then Crash did the slide by himself. Rowdy wasn't real interested so he and I just watched. At the end of the day I bought the boys fairy floss as I had promised. Even with the extra sugar I still ended up carrying Rowdy up the hill to the station.


I told Crash last night that I had to go back to work today. He said "ooooh, I'm going to miss you Mum".

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a lovely break. Sorry about the hook in the hand, though! I've caught myself in the back of the leg before, not pleasant!

    ReplyDelete