Monday, July 27, 2009

What Happened To My Lovely Weekend.....

Saturday was a gorgeous sunny day. Gorgeous. So gorgeous in fact I got sunburnt. Only on the tip of my nose and the nice "v" on my chest. Good look I know. We spent the afternoon catching up with relatives at a sort of family reunion thingy and it was fantastic to see my cousins/second cousins (can never quite work that out) but it was great to see them and their cute kids. My boys were thrilled to be able to play with the "rocket launcher" which I now have to go searching the shops for. And because the boys were occupied I could relax and chat with a glass (or 2 or 3) of wine. In the sun. Bliss.

Sunday it was a little rainy and chores had to be done so I took the boys to Coles (woohoo exciting). They were such good helpers all morning that I bought them a motorbike each. When we got home they turned a little feral. Boredom was the problem so craft was the answer and some seated activities (I'd hurt my back at some point, still don't know how). Mr Chic cooked a fantastic roast dinner and I consumed a decent amount of a lovely red.

Baths for the boys and I did some work before collapsing on the lounge to watch more Nitro Circus (I'm hooked on that show at the moment). Crash was building a stunt ramp for his motorbike this morning so I'm sure he's seen the show too.

So our weekend was fairly lovely and we were all organised for preschool this morning. Right when we were going to bed we heard it. The Seal. Poor Rowdy had woken up "bark bark bark" and was quite wheezy. So I sat up with him and tried to get him to take medicine but he refused. I managed to get Vicks on his chest and he came into bed with me and slept on and off for the night. As did I, with his feet in my ribs. He's since seen the doctor and been diagnosed with croup so this will be a tiring week I'd say.

As Rowdy was drifting off to sleep and after a massive coughing fit, he leant over to me and said "Mum, you are my best friend".

2 comments:

  1. Poor Rowdy, boo for croup, hooray for best friend mama. Hope he gets better with super human speed. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a magical moment. The comment that is, not the croup.

    ReplyDelete