Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Good Weekend

Saturday was my 25th birthday. Ok, so perhaps 25 may not be quite accurate, how about '25 and some months'? That will do.

I woke super early as it was still pre-daylight savings and the sun was up at some ridiculous hour. I also woke up without much of a voice. Goody, a cold. Hours later the boys woke up and wandered in for cuddles and brought me presents. Thankfully, no kangaroo. I did get a metallic pink ipod shuffle, The Gossip's latest CD and some ice-cube trays (for when I buy my bottle of Baileys I've been talking about for ages).


Time for breakfast and we all had cupcakes from Cupcakes on Pitt. Yummmmmm. A few cups of coffee and phone calls from family and before I could say "more cake" Mr Chic's parents had arrived for morning tea, with, you guessed it, more cake.

My parents came for afternoon tea and then my girlfriend came over for dinner. After yet more cake and a few drinks I went to bed with a cracking headache. And a worsening cold damnit.

Sunday, Mr Chic & I decided to move the computer desk closer to the printer in the study. All that was involved was swapping two desks around. What eventuated was the entire contents of the study being removed, all the furniture being rearranged and then the contents re-packed, all before the grand-final and my birthday dinner at my sister's. More bubbly was consumed at dinner and yet more cake was had. Actually loads more bubbly all whilst trying not to cough up a lung.

Thankfully Monday was a public holiday and we all slept in until well after 9am before we dragged ourselves to the loungeroom and watched the end of Fred Claus, which then started the whole discussion between the boys and us of "how many sleeps to Christmas?" and "can we put the Christmas tree up?". Ummmm 81 sleeps and no you can't.

HotMummaNeighbour came over in the afternoon to assist me with yet another bottle of bubbly and while she was escaping her kids there was a massive thunderstorm and a blackout so she had to stay for more drinks while waiting for the weather to ease - shame about that.

Unfortunately the 'alcohol kills germs' theory hasn't quite worked and I'd ideally like to be in bed getting over this bug. BUT my weekend was good and it was a very relaxing way to end a very stressful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment