Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Secret Stash

Last week I asked the boys what would they like for dinner, as it was my turn to cook. Their options were: baked beans on toast, eggs on toast or cheese on toast (as if you needed proof that I wasn't Julie from Masterchef). Crash selected baked beans on toast so I got out 2 tins from the cupboard. He looked at the tins. "OH! I've got one of those!". Ummmmmm ok, right. He then disappears for a while, returning with a tin of baked beans. "Ummmmmm where did you get that from?" "From the 3rd cupboard in the loungeroom". Oh great, the buffet cupboard with all my delicate breakable serving platters and the like.

Right. "Crash, please can you bring me anything else you've got stashed away in that cupboard?". He returns with his arms full of stuff. Curry powder, tooth picks, cocoa, honey, a tin of baby corn. Yup. Go on Ready Steady Cook - make a meal out of that why don't you!

I'm presuming he was playing 'shops' with Rowdy and this was just his 'closing stock' as such. Or perhaps he was just putting away a few key things to feed him and his brother for when his mother loses the plot in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment