Tuesday, August 11, 2009

10 Things Guessing Game

Here's something for fun. Guess which of the following 10 statements is the INCORRECT statement (ie, all are true but one).

1. I collect Biggles books
2. I drove a Hilux Ute when I was pregnant with Crash
3. I've never had a speeding fine
4. I've sung in an SBS choir
5. I hate brussel sprouts
6. I don't have any fillings
7. I got kicked out of physics in high school for playing Uno
8. I've never been overseas
9. I have a fear of large bodies of water
10. I'm part Swedish

Hmmm, which one is the lie?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Answer:

And the winner is Bern of So Now What with her guess of "I hate brussel sprouts" - I actually love love love brussel sprouts.

So to expand on my statements:

1. I collect Biggles books - sure do and just love finding first editions with their original dust jackets on

2. I drove a Hilux Ute when I was pregnant with Crash - yep, a good look for a pregnant chick hopping out of a ute in a suit, but it's true

3. I've never had a speeding fine - never ever had one, just luck though I assure you.

4. I've sung in an SBS choir - sure did as a soprano - then there was some controversy with the director and it was on some current affairs show, but I'd left by then

5. I hate brussel sprouts - LOVE LOVE LOVE them (this was the incorrect statement!)

6. I don't have any fillings - none whatsoever and that is also luck and from eating those cherry fluoride tablets as a kid (or whatever they were)

7. I got kicked out of physics in high school for playing Uno - aha yes "if you want to play that game you can play outside!" declared the teacher. Oh ok then, so we left.

8. I've never been overseas - unfortunately not, one day I will I'm sure.

9. I have a fear of large bodies of water - surprisingly yes I have a big fear of water, which doesn't work real well when we own 2 boats and I have my boat license and love to fish. I can go on a boat ok, but if there is the slightest chance I will end up in the water then I have a massive panic attack. Huge.

10. I'm part Swedish - my great grandfather was Swedish and was in the Swedish Navy before coming to Australia.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm going with number 9 as the incorrect one. Based on my powers of deduction and your earlier posting of you fishing...which would be hard to do not in water :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate brussel sprouts? If you've never had a speeding fine, I salute you, you moral citizen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll have to agree with Tara...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll go for number 6, although I know you have a sweet tooth....

    otherwise number 8 is my second choice

    ReplyDelete