Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Addiction


Crash has a problem and we don't really know what to do. He's a thumb sucker. Here he is with one of his "blankies" - this was taken awhile back now and the blankies have gone to the Dummy Fairy who took Rowdy's dummies one night. Crash liked to hold the corner of a blankie whilst sucking his thumb. We were hoping that the removal of the blankies would solve the problem. Not so. He now holds the corner of a tea towel, or a cushion, or the blanket on his bed, or his shirt. It's not all the time, mostly when he's bored or tired.

We've tried sending him to the naughty chair every time we catch him. Mr Chic has threatened amputation of his thumb. I've painted on that stuff on his finger nail that is supposed to taste gross, but he didn't care.

We asked him last night "are you a baby?". "No I'm a big boy" "well why are you sucking your thumb? do big boys suck their thumb?" "No" he replied "But I can't stop!".

We don't want him teased when he goes to school next year and we also don't want a gigantic orthodontist bill when he's older!

Help!

1 comment:

  1. He'll stop in his own good time, Jules. I was 39 before I stopped. Now I just suck up a glass or three of alcohol,Far better, for my wellbeing..........

    ReplyDelete