Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Luverly Smell


I love freesias. I do. I know there are those that think they really are an out of control weed but I love them. I love how the smell of them just reminds me of spring. I never get sick of smelling them. My Grandma has them growing in her garden and all through her grass. Her lawnmower man gets frustrated at her insistence that the grass cannot be mowed at certain times of the year because of the freesias.

Grandma likes to send me home with bunches of freesias however I've discovered that both Mr Chic and Rowdy suffer from hayfever so freesias aren't allowed in the house. So this time I've taken them with me to work and they sit on my desk in the corner. The fragrance is amazing. The ants living in the freesias and playing hide and seek with me are not so amazing.

6 comments:

  1. Freesias smell beautiful, don't they? As long as they don't clash with my aftershave.I'll send you some virtual ones, instead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks fendi - at least I could take virtual ones home - they'd be hayfever friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get unscented Freesias. We had them a few years back, cause mum's allergic. They look just as pretty, but no smell to be allergic too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, such a neat and tidy desk.... however do you get any work done?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luverly post Chic! You're making me feel all Spring-y. YAY! I'm going to buy flowers =D xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cerry - the whole point of me liking the freesias is that they smell so nice. I can't stand the unscented ones - defeats the purpose.

    Gig - ha ha, that's just the top of my computer, the rest of the desk is not so neat. Ok, it's not real messy compared to other desks in the office but it's not OCD tidy!

    ReplyDelete