Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cougars


I loved this skit on Saturday Night Live awhile back - sending up "cougars". It cracked me up.


The Urban Dictionary has numerous definitions of "cougars":

"An older woman who frequents clubs in order to score with a much younger man. The cougar can be anyone from an overly surgically altered wind tunnel victim, to an absolute sad and bloated old horn-meister, to a real hottie or milf. Cougars are gaining in popularity -- particularly the true hotties -- as young men find not only a sexual high, but many times a chick with her shit together. "

"A 35+ year old female who is on the "hunt" for a much younger, energetic, willing-to-do-anything male. The cougar can frequently be seen in a padded bra, cleavage exposed, propped up against a swanky bar in San Francisco (or other cities) waiting, watching, calculating; gearing up to sink her claws into an innocent young and strapping buck who happens to cross her path. "Man is cougar's number one prey" "

"An attractive woman in her 30's or 40's who is on the hunt once again. She may be found in the usual hunting grounds: nightclubs, bars, beaches, etc. She will not play the usual B.S. games that women in their early twenties participate in. End state, she will be going for the kill, just like you."

Nova 96.9 have a cruise on tonight called "The Cougar Cruise" and I've been listening to the radio each day as they interview prospective "cougars" for this cruise. The main point being to ask the women "how low would they go", ie, what's the youngest age that the guy will be that they'd sleep with? (well there's no sleep happening I'm certain, but you know what I mean!).

Part of the qualification criteria for being a "cougar" is being over the age of 35. THIRTY FIVE. I turn 35 in October. If I was single does that mean I'd qualify as a "cougar" (presuming I'd be wanting to sink my claws into an innocent young and strapping buck who happens to cross my path, which being single, why wouldn't I).

BUT if I'm now out with my girlfriends having a few drinks will "young bucks" think we are cougars on the prowl? Or perhaps the wedding rings, bags under our eyes and stray bits of vomit and snot from the kids on our clothing give us away?

Incidently - the red-headed cougar in the above picture is a celebrity we all know. Can you guess who?

3 comments:

  1. Is it Cameron Diaz?? Is she actually over 35?! And is there a prize for guessing? It's OK, times are tough, I'll take the glory if I'm right.
    I am officially of cougar vintage, and let me tell you I admire anyone who has the energy to get tizzed up and chase young blokes. I'd probably fall asleep under one. Come to think of it, that sounds kinda fun... rrrrroar! (Ew. Making self sick now...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we have ourselves a winner!! Yes Rachel, it is Cameron Diaz. She was hilarious too. The prize is........... (drum roll)............ a virtual bottle of wine - guaranteed calorie free and hangover proof. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a cougar, but I can be a pussy cat.Red wine always helps......... :-)

    ReplyDelete