Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Below Average Night

So Crash has come down with Rowdy's virus and was up for hours coughing last night - a horrible cough too. He was to sleep on the lounge with Mr Chic so that I could get a good night's sleep in our bed. Well that was the plan.

We got him settled and put the tv on a timer and I went to bed to read for a while as I was wide awake - it was already midnight. At about 1am Crash wanders down "Mum, the tv turned itself off and Dad is asleep" so he climbed into bed with me and then coughed for the next hour or so.

Just as we were both drifting off to sleep I'm woken by Rowdy half crying from the next room. I went in to check on him and he appeared to be having a nightmare and was asleep so I went back to bed. 5 minutes later he's crying again and calling "Mum!!", no escaping this time so back up I get. He tells me that there are bugs on his fingers and his pillow. I feel his pillow in the dark and there is a big wet patch, I can vaguely see in the dark that it's a dark wet patch, WTF? I flick the light on and there is a pool of blood on his pillow - he's had a nosebleed. I then stayed up for the next half an hour to make sure his nose had stopped and cleaning up him and his bed. I convince him that he should go back to sleep on the promise that if I get sleep I can buy chocolate donuts at work tomorrow. This works and I'm allowed back to bed.

I then can't sleep - Crash is beside me, coughing periodically in his sleep and I'm worrying about the cause of Rowdy's nosebleed (his first one). Finally at 3.30am I manage to sleep, but wake hourly until it's time to get up and get ready for work.

The boys got to stay home from preschool today - no such luck for me.

2 comments:

  1. Poor you :(
    That was me on saturday night and had to be up at 5.30 for golf!

    Brendan (5) gets nose bleeds quite often, say once a month? He had one last night, blood all over his face and a trail into the bathroom. If he stands in it, it's like a CSI crime scene. It's a bitch to get out of the sheets/pillow/doona too.
    I mentioned it to the Dr and she said not to worry. Dr Google says its prob a vein too close to the surface. I wouldn't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liv's the same...first time she wandered into our room looking like Hannibal Lecter I nearly had a heart attack!

    Hope you have a better night tonight!

    ReplyDelete