Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Drinks with the Mayor

I received this letter on Friday and was quite excited:

"Dear Julie,

Re: 2009 Photographic Competition

Thank you for entering Hornsby Shire's 2009 Photographic Competition. We have been very excited by the response from enthusiastic photographers right across the Shire.

Judging took place today at Council Chambers. Judges included professional photographers David Starr from Soul Photography and Steven Vandertouw from Advent Photography.

The winners of this year's competition will be announced at a special event next Thursday 11th June, 7pm at Hornsby Library. You and a friend are invited to join the Mayor on this evening and mingle with some of the best photographers in our area. Light refreshments will be served throughout the evening.

Entries for this competition will be displayed at Hornsby Library from the 11th June and the winning entries will be on display within the glass link bridge at Westfield Hornsby from the 15th June.

Please RSVP etc etc"

Then I thought:

a) who is the Mayor?
b) they probably invite everyone so don't get my hopes up right?
c) do light refreshments mean drinks?
d) who will I take?

Still, a night out is a night out - even if it's the local library!!

These are the two pics I entered under the category "Our Beautiful Bushland". What is hilarious is that I took the photos on my phone.


1 comment: