Monday, June 8, 2009

Why I love my boys

What are little boys made of?

Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails

That's what little boys are made of !

"What are little girls made of?

"Sugar and spice and all things nice

That's what little girls are made of!"


So they're rough and they wrestle and think "bottom burps" are hilarious. They love cars and guns and riding their bikes at great speeds through the house. There is no pink, there are no tea-sets, there are no dolls. I wouldn't have it any other way!!


My boys are polite and loving and kind and helpful - ok, so not all of the time, but they are kids after all. I'm so proud of how they are growing up. I love their hugs and kisses. I love being told "I yuv you Mum". I love when they stop playing just to talk to me and tell me something. I love Crash rubbing my shoulders "is that nice Mum?". I love it when they help me and after I thank them they say "oh you're welcome Mum".


I love that they think I'm a good cook. I love that they call for their Dad when they need monsters eradicated at bedtime. I love when they talk to me on the phone at work and sing me songs. I love their humour and their cheeky smiles.


I just love my boys to bits.



6 comments:

  1. awwww - that's lovely :)

    The Early Learning Centre stores used to sell a blue and green tea set. My Mr 5 still likes a tea party - especially if cordial and cheezels are on the menu. It was a difficult task to find a non-pink set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HANG ON A MINUTE! I thought you didn't cook??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet - my little man, although only two also plays with his kitchen and tea-set. I was determined to make him a man of the ages! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the little things, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now come on, bottom burps ARE hilarious. And the special part is the gales of little boy giggles that follow.

    I love the gentle loving side of my adorable 5 year old nephew and hope like hell it doesn't get knocked out of him too early at school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so as I was typing this the boys had unpacked my picnic set and set up a "picnic" on a blanket in the loungeroom with all their soft toys. Rowdy thought adding 2 litres of water to the mix would be fun also.

    Kerri - I don't cook, but on the odd occasion when I have to put a meal in front of the kids, they are convinced I'm brilliant!

    Tuesday - actually, yes, bottom burps are hilarious and I laugh more than I should I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete