Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Big Boy



Crash starts school next year, Big School. Sometimes it feels like yesterday that he was just a baby, and at other times this feels like a lifetime ago. We have an Open Morning at his school on Thursday. This is the same primary school I attended for a couple of years - 25 years ago mind you!



I know he's not little anymore - I can barely lift him - and I know he's ready for school as he enjoys preschool and loves to learn. I also know that I will be a blubbering mess!






3 comments:

  1. Are any of his little kindy friends going to the same school? We requested that Brendan be put in the same class as one of his mates which the school did. The first day, we arrived and looked at the board and saw that they were in the same class just as his little friend arrived. I had to choke back a big lump in my throat at that moment. I was so relieved that he wasn't going to be alone. After that, I was fine. Made it through the big day with no tears. Very proud of myself.
    Next year will be another story. My little miss just turned 4 starts and I'm sure I'll blubber. She's too little..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics BTW. He looks a lot like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt that his preschool friends are going to the same school - it's a couple of suburbs away. My friend's sister's son is starting there also so we're going to get together beforehand so Crash can get to know someone. He's an easygoing kid though so should make friends fairly easily, plus they have a couple of orientation mornings beforehand. He'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete