Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fringes and Floral Prints


My old school-friend Nicole tagged me in this photo on Facebook (thanks for that Nic - that's me on the left in the orange floral dress, I was 7) - I had never seen this photo before and had completely forgotten about that dress *sigh*. It was a favourite dress which I believe my Mum made for me. Now I'd like the dress in a few sizes bigger (ok, quite a few sizes bigger thanks) and would wear it with leggings. It would look fab don't you think?

Nicole & I got to talking about fringes. My whole haircut in this picture is a fringe I'm sure. Hideous. The darn thing took ages to grow out too. Then I went for a smaller fringe for a year or so (meaning: not half of my head). It annoyed me so I grew it out. Then in high school my girlfriend & I decided to get a "frisky" fringe (heck, I'm sure that was what it called, it was late 80s so who knows). What we meant was a small fringe that we could just flick up or something. What we both got was a half-your-head fringe that was hideous (not to mention hot). We both started growing it out the next day. Ever since then I haven't had a fringe and no matter how much I'm tempted to get one cut because it's possibly fashionable I know it'll drive me bonkers and I'll just grow it out once more.

1 comment:

  1. i too want that dress - lot larger, lot longer...

    Ah, fringes. They can look great, for around 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete