Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Holiday Nostalgia

This is my post for Challenge 5: Holiday Nostalgia for Blog This

We took our very first holiday with both boys last October. A holiday with children is mostly just moving your kids from one location to another and stressing they'd break something at each location you stay - but we thought we should give it a go.

So we packed up the kids, dog, boat and luggage and off we set. It was raining and we have a hilux with an open back so the luggage had to be tied in and covered with garbage bags. The dog got dropped off at the boarding kennels along the way so thankfully his flatulence didn't accompany us the entire trip, only the first 3 hours.

We were headed to my girlfriend's farm near Coffs Harbour but stayed at Port Macquarie for 2 nights along the way. We also stayed there on our way back home and I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I woke up to find a cockroach sitting on my arm. I have a bug phobia so needless to say I didn't sleep real well after that.

Staying with my girlfriend was great - lots of chats and moscato, visits to the Big Banana, feeding her horses and just kicking back (as much as you can with a non-child-proof house and an in-built fear that the kids might destroy their flat screen tv or something else).

While we stayed at my girlfriend's farm we took a day trip to Yamba - *sigh* - how we loved it there. The photo above was taken on the main beach at Yamba and Crash was dancing on the sand. It was a beautifully blissful time on that beach. Rowdy had only been to the beach once before but was too young to remember so it took him some time to adjust to the sensation of walking on sand but then he was running about and dancing too.

We're going back there again this October. I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful holiday i love heading up that way!

    you should stop at forster/tuncurry 90 mins before port. [my home town!] and head into the 'natural waffle parlour' in forsters main street. [where i used to work].

    best ice cream ever! oh and be sure to check out one of the seven beaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a giggle at the line about Rowdy not liking the sensation of the sand. My little blokes were the same, lifting their legs and refusing to stand while we held them up by the armpits! They were freaked out by their own feet sinking into oblivion!

    Sounds like a great family holiday :-)

    ReplyDelete