Friday, June 19, 2009

The Week of Three


And so we begin our week long celebration of Rowdy's 3rd birthday. He will get Mr Chic & my presents this Sunday (a loop-the-loop racing track because he's obsessed with rollercoasters and a play cash-register for creative play). He's getting his presents early as it's his actual birthday on Tuesday and he'll be at preschool and I don't want the drama of him wanting to play with his presents while we all try and leave the house. He will get a small gift on Tuesday from Crash - but it's small enough that he can take it to preschool with him.

The following Saturday we are having all the grandparents over for afternoon tea. Rowdy gets to choose the cake that I will "make" (read: cut and paste from a pre-made slab and then decorate, always the night before, always with a few wines and I always end up eating piles of icing and lollies). He had said he wanted a "racing car" cake, then this week it changed to a "dinosaur". Hmmmm, don't think I'm real good at either of those so I'll steer him in the direction of a "racing track" cake I think (I found some neat looking cakes thanks to google). The boys are pretty good at going with my suggestions but I'll show him the pics I found online and ensure he's happy first!

Of course I will also have to make an allergy free cake suitable to take to preschool on the Tuesday, the night before, with a few wines........
Looking at a few of my favourite baby pics of little Rowdy, I cannot imagine ever going back to the baby stage again - but he was such a chubby bubby who loved and still loves his cuddles!
only a week old and a kiss from Crash - before Crash shoved him off his lap

Mucking about in the toys tub - I love the way they are looking at each other - almost thinking "just you wait Mum, when we're older we are going to get into so much mischief!"

making contact with dear old Beau - such a tolerant and patient dog

3 comments:

  1. It looks like your boys have a similar age gap to mine. Mine are two days short of being 16 months apart. Happy birthday to Rowdy, he looks like a total ham in that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethwyn - they are 18 months apart to the day - both 23rd, just one is june, the other december. and yes we planned it that way. Rowdy is a cheeky bugger - you're right there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to say I love this first pic, it has a `Ouch Charlie bit me' feel to it :o)

    ReplyDelete