Friday, June 12, 2009

Non-Drinks with the Mayor

Part 2.

I arrived at the Library last night for the photo competition presentation and immediately thought "good lord, what was I thinking?!" and text Mr Chic "ha ha ha I have no hope". I spotted my 2 pictures on the wall and then sat down dejectedly (after noticing there was tea and coffee or water only, no alcohol damnit). Whilst thinking, "please let's get this thing over with so that I know I haven't won and I can go to the pub" my girlfriend arrived and laughed at my dejectedness.

The night rolled on and of course I didn't win anything. After all, the people that won actually had cameras with slow shutter speeds and tripods and stuff. I used my phone. Thankfully it finished after an hour and Girlfriend & I headed to dinner to giggle over the winners and my lack of camera. Next year perhaps? Perhaps not, the effort that the winners went to to get their perfect shot and then to win $250? Forget it, I can't be stuffed.

Here are my 2 pics on the wall in the library - at least they will be on display for a few weeks so I can show the boys their pictures and they can feel special.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your shots - camera-phone or no, very evocative.

    And by the way, in my book Drinks means alcohol. Refreshments means alcohol. Beverages mean alcohol! If you're expected to drag yourself out in this you should be compensation with at least one of those teeny plastic thimbleful's of wine!

    Glad you had a nice dinner after all that. Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete