Friday, September 4, 2009

Fun Size


I bought the boys each a chocolate on the way home last night. When I arrived home they were in the bath and then cleaned their teeth AND it was also way too late for chocolates. I told Crash once he was in his pyjamas that I had something for each of them in my bag BUT because they'd cleaned their teeth and it was close to bedtime that he could see what it was and then save it for tomorrow.

Was I kidding? Would they wait? Would they hassle until I gave in? Why the heck didn't I just say nothing and eat them with Mr Chic later? errrrr I mean, give them to the boys at a time when they COULD actually eat them. Ah I don't know, mean mother I guess. I just wanted them to know that I had brought them home something special and teach them patience (ok so that idea is crazy but anyhoo).

Crash went to my bag, found the 2 chocolates and said "Oh Mum, that was so nice of you to get these for us, look Rowdy there's one for you, let's put them in the fridge for tomorrow".

And they did.

And this morning they ate them for breakfast, but that was our idea not theirs.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, those boys have an envious level of restraint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petal STILL has some Easter eggs in her stash. She either has remarkable restraint or a really bad memory (I'm tending toward the latter).

    ReplyDelete
  3. couldn't they just clean their teeth a second time...

    they've obviously got better restraint than I did, err, have....

    ReplyDelete