Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mission Accomplished

I didn't know exactly what I wanted, but I had an idea, I just knew that it was time to move forward and discard the past. Crash knew I was on a mission, he even helped me on the weekend with my meagre attempts with this task I had assigned myself.

I looked and looked and yet I was never convinced. There was no conviction. I persisted with the search. I trawled through location after location with no result. How can this be so difficult I thought? Will I ever succeed?

And then. I saw it. I knew. It was 'the one'. I held it in my arms. I was happy. The search was done.

As I got home from work last night I told Crash "I found it!". He watched as I pulled 'the one' from it's special housing and said "Hmmmmm, not bad Mum!".

The boys watched in amazement as I pulled the fake insides out of it. "Wow! There's so much!" they said. "Now, lets put all your stuff from your old handbag into this new one Mum!".

2 comments:

  1. Oh God! I hate looking for a new bag.

    I bought a temporary one last december. I knew it wasn't right but I needed a new one straight away. I have hated it for 8 months and now have another temporary one that's much better than the last but still not right.

    So so hard! Congratulations on finding 'the one'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...handbag....mmm *wiping away Homer style drool*

    ReplyDelete